- AW2 Soldier SGT Daniel Biskey was featured in an Union-Tribune article about the Comprehensive Combat and Complex Casualty Care center at San Diego Naval Medical Center.
- AW2 Veterans Joe Bowser and Michael Cain were featured on NBC Nightly News in a story on wounded warriors using hockey to move past injuries.
- AW2 Veteran and Alpine skier Heath Calhoun, featured on ESPN, carried the flag for the U.S. Paralympic Team at the opening ceremonies of the Paralympic Games.
- AW2 Soldier CW2 Romulo Camargo, featured in Navy Times, received assistance from the expanded Homeowners Assistance Program. He was also featured in Army News in a story about his friends and comrades giving him a custom motorcycle for Daytona Bike Week.
- AW2 Soldier SFC Joeseph Kapacziewski, featured in Air Force Times, attended the Vail Veterans Program to ski in Colorado.
- AW2 Veteran Latoya Lucas, featured in PR Newswire, was named a 2009 Tony Snow Public Service Award Recipient for her strength, courage, and unwavering desire to help others that allowed her to triumph and serve as an inspiration to her fellow wounded warriors.
- AW2 Veteran Andy Soule, featured in USA Today, competed in cross-country skiing and biathlon in the 2010 Paralympics. (Congratulations on winning the broze medal.)
- AW2 Veteran Luke Wilson, featured in the Oregonian, joined the Paralympic Torch Relay and is hoping to compete at the 2014 Paralympics.
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Department of Defense of the linked web sites, or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the United States Department of Defense does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations.