- SFC Mark Allen and his Family, featured in the Star-Banner, in an article about SFC Allen being in the polytrauma unit of the Veterans Affairs Hospital in Tampa and his Family’s appreciation for all the support that they have received.
- AW2 Soldiers and Veterans SGT Robert Brown, SGT Christopher A. Burrell, SSG Kenneth Butler, and retired SSG Bradley Gruetzner, featured in Stars and Stripes, returned to the places where they were wounded in Iraq under Operation Proper Exit, a program that aims to speed their recovery and close a painful chapter in their lives.
- AW2 mother Linda Cope, featured in The News Herald, is the organizer of the “Warrior Beach Retreat,” that brought approximately 40 wounded Soldiers and their Families to Panama City Beach as part of her scheduled retreat.
- AW2 Veteran Shawn Graves, featured on KXLY-TV, spent a week with 20 other men wounded in combat at the Pinelow Retreat Center in Deer Lake, WA.
- AW2 was featured in a PRNewswire release that featured AW2 Soldiers, Veterans, Families, and staff, and discussed the program and the AW2 Community Support Network.
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Department of Defense of the linked web sites, or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the United States Department of Defense does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations.